Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Karl Lagerfeld photographs Barbie - should Ken be jealous?

Back in 2009, taking part in the 50 years of Barbie celebrations (my-my, does she look swell for her age or what?), the Parisian boutique Colette dedicated a room on the first floor of the Parisian store to Barbie. As part of that set up, Karl Lagerfeld, the venerable designer behind Chanel and Fendi (plus his own brand) shot his favourite male model, Baptiste Giabiconi, with Barbie and limited edition prints of the photos were on sale there. I got wind of this only recently, while researching a previous Barbie post, so I am posting the results of the photo shoot (and subsequent photo shopping) today. I must say that the photos look a bit boring, as if Karl wanted to get over with this soon. Judging from his photographic oeuvre, I expected more from him.


There was also a collection of Barbie clothes on sale designed by Jeremy Scott, Linda Farrow sunglasses, a mini pink Goyard trunk and other Barbie-related stuff. Most of the clothes in the photo shoot doll look gorgeous.














2 comments:

  1. gracias por compartir estas fotos, a mi tambien me gusta mucho Karl Lagerfeld, quizas lo que ves es lo que el buscaba, quien sabe con Karl,quien sabe lo que hay en la cabeza de los genios

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: I like the photos but overall I like the outfits. The Chanel clothing is always my favorite. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete